Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Session 4

Nice day today, really put in a good amount of hands (9K) and ended up booking a win. Unfortunately I played and bricked the Super Tuesday and the 100r, and also lost a "close to chiplead" pot in the NHG QQ<A9o vs a reg who ended up final tabling it :(. I ended up mincashing.

Heres a graph from today.



I played extremely well today, I brought my A game and definitely my best play in cashgames so far this month. I felt like a puppet master, and everyone was doing exactly what I wanted them to do. Unfortunately as you can see, I ran really far under EV. For some reason I just couldn't get it all in and win today :(. Luckily I heatered for a short while in some 10/20 games which is the only reason I ended up winning today.

Today I ran at 25/21 6.7 3B 45 WWSF

Here are some hands from today.

AJ in 3 bet pot - this hand was one of those hands that just felt great today. It's because this hand is against a reg who I know is making poor adjustments against me, and getting fed up with my play. It feels great to get so much value out of a hand, especially when my absolute hand strength probably doesn't warrant 100BB's in most circumstances.

river C/R bluff - this hand was really nice, my original plan was to barrel a J or heart for value, and a club as a bluff with maybe some tweaked sizing between the two, bluffing is also tempting on a river Q, and T since I block the twopair combos a bit and calling a third barrel on those boards with Ax is kinda gross since some gutters and such get there. I get what is basically the worst river to CBET. So, I plan to C/F, but then right there I realize how strong a CRAI would look here. It's entirely congruent with a hand like 33, 88, KK, and the overfulls A3, AK, A8. All of these hands could check the river to extract value from missed draws, and to extract max value from Ax by going for a CRAI. It's also one of those simple level spots where "omg why would I try to bluff him off (a strong absolute strength hand) trips?"

No comments:

Post a Comment