Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Session 3

Today I played 7K hands, I booked a very small win, basically broke even all day. I had a small heater near the end but then I got it all in preflop with AK vs AA against an unknown for 100BB's which was probably a mistake, leaving a sour taste to end the day.


Today I ran at 24/21 7.6 3bet 45.8 WWSF

My non showdown winning really took a dive into the tank after I got back from dinner. I was slightly out of sync and the lineup of regs was different. I attacked the wrong spots a few times, and probably wasted a barrel or two where I should have had a strong and strict value range, of course, my showdown winnings were good, and if I had made a few more hands I would have had a nice day. I think I played my B- game today, and I'm not entirely thrilled. Another mistake I made today was calling too many rivers, this tilted me into quitting my session early on and taking a break after this hand.

What happens is I think of tons of really stupid justifications for how I have to call here in order to avoid being exploited, and how he might be bluffing, and how I have a supercharged bluffcatcher and close to the top of my range, but really it's just a bunch of nonsense. My entire game is based on playing exploitable, but constantly staying one level higher than my opponents. I know my opponent is never bluffing here, and I know he never has a worse hand for value (I block the lower flushes, and no its not a set.) I also do this thing where I assume people share the same theory that I do, for instance, I can have an extremely wide checkraising range on this river (both for value and as a bluff,) even things like AK+, and I change how my range is weighted based on my opponent. But other regs just don't do this, they just like to pretend they do in the forums.

So anyways, I was tilted and I made this jaypeg! It's now the wallpaper for each of my 3 30" monitors and it's quite hilarious, and an obnoxious constant reminder to stop paying off uncreative regs (even if it's "exploitable" and I'm bet/folding this river 95%+)

1 comment: