Sunday, April 3, 2011

GRRR Sundays!

Session #2 this month was 100% MTTs, I kept it this way because it was a massive Sunday on FTP, with every tourney being multi-entry. I'm not really sure what my total buy-ins were but it was probably somewhere in the 15K range.

I was really proud of my play again today, on a scale of A+ through E, I played my A- game. I got 13th in the multi entry 150r on FTP. First in this tournament was 150K but my cash was insignificant. Even getting 12th would have netted another 5K and I would have been almost even on the day, but as it is... another super frustrating Sunday.

I've never had a cash for more than 50K in my poker career, this is extremely unlucky given all of the high buy-in tournaments I have played, and all the great chances I've given myself. Nonetheless, I know exactly what I'm getting myself into when I register for these MTTs. I just wish that I wasn't on the extreme shit-end of the bell curve for "MTT luck" but, thats why my main game is cash, whether you are on the shit end or the good end of luck, if you play millions of hands each year you will realize your expectation within a couple percents. In MTT's it's more or less lottery and it takes well more than a few lifetimes to realize expectation. I've made this rant 100 times but it still feels good to make it again! I'll continue to make this rant until I realize expectation in MTTs (and then I'll probably still keep doing it!)

1 tabling this $150 tourney on FTP drinking a vodka-cran cus we don't have any beer, there are 73 left, and its 80K for first. I plan on getting 30th or so. It's my last tourney for the day. When this is over I'm gonna play some Starcraft2, take a breather, maybe a shower (this helps me refresh my mind) and then start up a cashgame session for today. I'm still sort of perma-tilted so I dont think I will play my A game, but I'll game select and play a touch lower, I just really need volume right now, to attain the goals I set for myself this month.

Session 2 totals:
infinite MTTs
-6K

some hands from the 150r:
most tilting hand of the day on so many levels
super hood bluff, lol

update, got 22nd in that last tourney and MTTrs ARE SO BAD AT POKER, it's so tilting to watch some of these idiots heater on and win. They have fundamentals that are literally backwards. This idiot valuecut raises turn, I call cus its wa/wb and hes an idiot, then he rivers his TPTK and checks behind in the most obvious valuebet spot ever. Then he stacks me reshoving A5 vs my A7 BvB.... like ggwp BRO. ARGHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment