Sunday, August 9, 2015

Time for a new post, lol

Time for necro!

This blog stopped being updated on Black Friday, April 15th, 2011 due to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Scheinberg
Black Friday caused many of us to move overseas to continue our profession. You can read more about it here. http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/04/a-closer-look-at-online-poker-black-friday-indictment-10224.htm

Before Black Friday, we lived in Aventura Florida playing high stakes cashgames and tournaments on PokerStars.com and FullTilt.com.
After black Friday we moved to Thailand for about a year, then Hungary for about 1.5 years, and then Malta for about a year. This period was very rewarding for me, to live in, and travel in each of these regions was an experience I will never forget. I wish I documented it a lot better than I did!!
Professionally however, declining game conditions, and burning out professionally started to add up. I decided that the personal challenge associated with "grinding" was no longer fun for me. I used to look forward to the challenge of putting up stats, smashing "24-tabling" 12 hour session, taking a shower, a deep breath, and then putting in another 12 hour session, on a frequent basis. I still enjoy this challenge at times, but it's something that I do not want to rely on for financial freedom.

I eventually moved back to Florida in April of 2014 to re-evaluate my path.

My family has always been involved in Real-Estate. I decided to get my Real-Estate license and start investing in properties to increase the performance of my portfolio and to try and build a much more stable passive income stream.

Gaming competition and theory is still my first love, and it is my goal for my Real Estate and Securities portfolio to get to a place where I can enjoy these things comfortably. I look forward to traveling frequently and playing in various poker tournaments/cash games as well as enjoying these journeys with those around me.



We will make some entries through the end of 2015 covering the following:


Real Estate: Performance and structure of our portfolio, Real Estate consultant business, and team growth.
Poker play - Our first love is still gaming, and poker. We will reflect on local B+M play, occasional online play, traveling play (goal for a 2016 Macau poker trip.)
Personal - Relationships, health and fitness, random thoughts

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment